Part Ⅴ Translation (%)
Directions: In this part, there are five sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can refer back to the passages so as to identify their meanings in the context.
76. According to him, women are better liars than men.
77. He says there are several typical forms of this, such as covering part of the mouth with the fingers, touching the upper-lip or putting a finger of the hand at one side of the mouth.
78. Let children learn to judge their own work.
79. John had bought a packet of cigarettes just before we caught the train and he offered me one as we settled ourselves in our compartment. (passage 1)
80. The man weat on, in a rather more kindly way, to warn us against the dangers of smoking. (passage 1)
Directions: In this part, there are five sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.