Part II Vocabulary and Structure (30 minutes, points)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C), D). Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. Don’t leave your bicycle out in the rain. It’ll get________.
A) rusty B) crude C) rough D) tough
22. I_______ to him for the error.
A) excused B) apologized C) pardoned D) congratulated
23. It’s _______ to ask Mr. Blake for help.
A) out question B) beyond question C) out of question D) in question
24. Hardly ________ home when the telephone rang.
A) I got B) did I getC) I had got D) had I got
25. ________his not arriving ,the meeting will be put off to next week.
A) At the event of B) For the event with
C) In the event of D) To the event of
26. It’s getting rather late. It’s time we________.
A) are going B) wentC) goD) must go
27. I_________ you everything’s going to be all right.
A) insureB) assureC) ensureD) sure
28. Auctioned(拍卖的)goods are sold for the highest price________.
A) madeB) takenC) offeredD) ordered
29. The colors of that coat and hat don’t __________.
A) suitB) mixC) matchD) imitate
30. Our whole class went to attend the conference yesterday, so_______ what happened on the campus.
A) all of us don’t knowB) none of us know
C) all we don not knowD) we all don’t know